THE GRACE WAY…
There has been a confirmed case of Chickenpox in our Senior School. Chickenpox is a viral illness that begins with cold-like symptoms that is then accompanied with a blistering rash. If your child/ren show any signs or symptoms please refrain from sending them to school and seek medical attention. We thank you for your continued support in helping us to ensure the Grace Community remains a healthy and safe environment for all.
Further information can be found at http://conditions.health.qld.gov.au/…/…/Chickenpox-Varicella
GRIT . GROWTH . GRACE .
We are proud of the many students at Grace College who have accomplished individual and team achievements this year through GRIT, GROWTH & GRACE.
CELEBRATING NATIONAL SCIENCE WEEK
GRACE LEADS THE WAY IN STEM
(Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
At Grace Lutheran College Rothwell and Caboolture, Science is a top priority. We have top teachers, top facilities, top students and top programmes. Here are some recent achievements in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics:
- * Queensland Outstanding Science Teacher Award 2015, Glen Sinclair
- * Top Year 8 student in ICAS Science Competition 2014, Max Orchard (Rothwell)
- * Award winner Big Science Competition 2015, Grady Munks (Caboolture)
- * 1st place (Rothwell), 2nd place (Caboolture) Regional Maths Problem-solving Competition, 2015
- * First Queensland team in FIRST international Robotics Competition, 2015, Gracious Professionalism Award
- * Purpose-built facilities for Astronomy, Robotics (2015), Engineering (2015)
- * Largest number of students in a school in Queensland studying Senior Information Processing and Technology
Join us on the Grace Way to excellent, gracious professionalism in STEM. Visit us any day for a tour or at our Open Day 18 October, FIRST LEGO League Regional Tournament 15 November, or Grace’s Astronomical Observatory on Wednesday nights (bookings essential).
- 83% of students graduating from Grace studied courses that would qualify them for university. The state average was 53%
- 98% of students who applied for tertiary entrance received an offer
- 20% MORE Grace students attend university than is the average for our region
These numbers are not achieved by accident; Grace adds value through:
- Libraries open for free tutoring and homework help after school and in lunch breaks
- Teams of student academic leaders mentor and motivate students
- Regular communication with parents about student progress
- Action plan for students needing support to meet academic standards
- New Senior Studies Centres encourage independent and group study
- Academic Enrichment Programme challenges the large number of gifted and talented Grace students
NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE, GRACE IS FOR YOU
You may prefer the buzz at our Rothwell Campus or maybe the family feel and wide open spaces at our Caboolture Campus, established in 2008, appeals more to you? Both campuses offer the same high levels of teaching. Both campuses give you access to our highest standard sporting and performing arts programmes. Please give us a call, send an email at email@example.com or complete your details here to organise a private tour of any of our two campuses.
This year, with the theme of “Break Through”, we are committed to providing a quality learning environment for all, aiming to discover and identify key strengths in every single student at Grace.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT SECONDARY SCHOOL
There are a number of factors to consider when choosing the right school for your child. Grace College has produced a free guide for parents with helpful tips and information. Have a look at the report written by our very own Principal, Mrs Butler, here http://choosingasecondaryschool.com.au/ The guide provides not only a great starting point for parents entering into the world of secondary education options but gives current Grace College parents the assurance that they have made the right decision for their child’s education. We think Grace College ticks all the boxes when you are looking for quality secondary education.
The 2015 annual report for Grace Lutheran College can be read here.
A MESSAGE FROM THE MINISTER FOR EDUCATION
Letter to Year 8 parents on new senior assessment and tertiary entrance systems – Click here